Monday, October 20, 2008

Our pet plants!

I call these our pet plants because Seth loves animals and would love to have a pet, but unfortuneately they are not allowed on campus. Therefore, Seth insisted that we get plants so they could be like our pets. He's pretty cute. It's been kind of fun to pick them out, re-pot them, and then see them grow! He went to home depot the other day to buy a drill bit, and then came home with two more plants!! That boy. He said we needed some flowers, since we didn't have any yet. The next day the flowers bloomed so it was awesome!


This plant has a story. It used to be very big and beautiful. Mom got it for me last year for my Birthday and we had it hanging in our living room and it looked so nice. Well, we left for the summer and our plant was left unwatered. It was the saddest thing to come home and see it withered up and so sad looking. I cut off all the dead stuff and you can see that it is coming back to life! I was so happy. We have since named it Lazarus. I now know the devastation of almost losing a plant and I will do everything in my power not to let it happen again!! Seth seems to have a green thumb so far so I think we'll be ok.


Somehow Mom knew that Seth wanted to have a citrus tree so she got a dwarf orange tree for his Birthday. We got it repotted and are excited to see reap the benefits!

No comments: