Thursday, August 18, 2011

Memorial Day













I've been thinking a lot about my brother John so I thought I would post about Memorial Day when I went home to Stansbury, UT to see my family. We were in the middle of moving and the truck was being loaded that weekend but I felt like it was important for me to go home and I'm glad I did. That weekend the weather was really rainy so we tried to plan our outing to John's Hill the best we could, but it still ended up raining on us... and really hard!!! Let's just say it was a slippery ride down the mountain. We at least got to spend the day there without getting rained on and a few brave ones were still able to spend the night. It was such a memorable time. I loved how peaceful it felt there. It was obvious to all of us that John was there with us. I knew I didn't need a sign to know that he was there but I still felt like I got one anyway. I still think about him everyday, about where he's at now and what he would be doing if he were here, and what he would want for me to be doing. Some events in life I think you don't know how you will ever get through or how you will ever be able to go on but it's events like that that you would never go back and change either b/c it's those things that make you who you are and teach you life lessons that I think you couldn't learn any other way. I love my brother and he'll always be a part of me.

No comments: