I'm way past due for a post. Ali gave me the motivation to do it, so thanks girl!! This post is for you. Once you get so behind, it's hard to know what to post!! Seth graduated and we made the move to Toledo, Ohio. We love our house and have been really happy here so far. We have a new addition to the family too! His name is Yogi. I knew the day for us to get a dog would come but I still didn't know if I was ready. Aren't kids enough!? The Yogster however, has exceeded my expectations. He's awesome and the kids LOVE him. Here's some pics:
This was such a happy happy day!!! Really, words can't describe. I'm so proud of Seth! So far he is loving residency and we are slowly getting to know our new town. We miss Glendale and are sad we didn't really get to say goodbye to everyone. We do miss it. I must say though that I'm glad it's not 115 degrees here and we are loving all the big green trees and our big grassy back yard is fun.
oh the road trip. Our cars were packed. One piece of advice to future movers is that you should probably be there when your truck is being packed up so you make sure everything that needs to go in it goes. I went home for Memorial Day weekend(which was wonderful- I'll try and post pics) but I ended up not being there and we had way too much stuff in the end to fit into our cars. These kids did pretty good. The last day was the worst. We stayed Amarillo Texas, Oklahoma, Branson Michigan-where we saw the Duttons, and then in Defiance, Ohio.
Unpacking and getting settled. crazy.
These guys made the move SO much less stressful. It was so fun to have them along for the road trip. The kids were SO sad when they left. They got to know the ticks and jumping deer of Michigan. That was unfortunate. Nobody was hurt, thank goodness!! Just the car.
One of the first things we did after getting here was plant a garden! Seth built a small garden box and then we put some other plants along the house and in tires. They are really taking off. It's been fun to try our hand at green thumbin it
This is the first fruit of our labor! So far, the banana pepper plant is the only one giving us anything, but the yellow squash and green peppers are close!
Meet Yogi! He's a year old doberman pinscher that we got from a Humane Society. He's so good with the kids and trained. That was the best part for me. Potty training a kid is enough for me. =) He let's Lila put her hands in his mouth and feed him with a closed fist. Lincoln wakes up asking for "my dog." We both take him running and we've figured out how to not get knocked over by him cuz he's big!! If you stand still, he runs right past you. In all, having a dog feels healthy and something about it has pulled at my little heart strings. Shucks.
I guess we have two puppies!


We've spent many of our days out on the patio playing in the water!
This was on the 4th of July. A family from church invited us to go to some private land by the lake to watch the fireworks. It was so beautiful! Lincoln and Lila really loved the fireworks. Lincoln also loved try to catch the fire flies. That was his first time to be awake late enough to enjoy them!
until next time!
6 comments:
yay Maria! blog post! :) You guys are so productive to get to building a garden so quickly after moving. We've talked about that for years, but never seem to do it. Lila is looking so much bigger than I remember! How's your house? Are you feeling settled? Miss you!
Maria! So good to see some pictures. Lila and Lincoln are getting so big. We really miss you guys. I hope all is well. Love, Athena
Yeah, so glad you posted!!! I have been thinking about you and wondering how you guys were doing. Lila looks so big, I love the dog, love the green yard, glad you guys are liking your new home. Miss you!
Such a fun post. The kids are darling. How fun that you decided to get a dog. I am sure Lincoln is in heaven. We all miss you here, but are glad you are getting settled and making new friends. Love you.
I've been wondering what you guys are up to. Glad things are going so well! Your kiddos are darling! Miss you!
It's so great to see an update of how things are going with you're family. I love all the pictures, Lila is getting so big! I"m so excited that you got a dog, he looks so fun! I'm glad you guys are doing well. We'll have to come visit some time....
Post a Comment