Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Our new baby girl

Little Olivia Lucy was born on June 7, 2012
weight: 7lbs. 15oz
length: 20 3/4 inch
Her due date was June 4th so I was very anxious to get her here but was having NO signs of labor. We ended up at the hospital in active labor at the exact same time that I was set to be induced. The timing was perfect. I had wanted to go into labor on my own this time since I haven't ever had a very good experience with being induced. Well, this time around was a very different experience indeed. I was planning on getting the epidural but when they told me I was already at an 8 I thought, what the heck, I think I can do this on my own. I ended up being at an 8 for a long time but it really wasn't bad. They gave me some nubane which made me drowsy and I was able to nap a little in between contractions which helped a lot. I had a mid-wife this time around too which I loved. Seth was skeptical, being in the medical field and all, but we will always go to a mid-wife in the future. She was so great and we couldn't believe how much she was in the room with us and just how helpful she was with everything. I think I was so focussed on getting to the end that I didn't even think about what the end was going to be like and that is one thing I will better prepare for the next time. It felt CRAZY. I totally lost it. I don't remember any pain though which is weird. I just remember panic. Seth had to seriously hold me down to the bed so I wouldn't run out of the room, which, how I thought I could do that at the moment is beyond me but I just wanted outta there. She came fast and she couldn't have been more perfect. It's such a miracle. That dark hair had us both a little shocked after having 2 blondies. She was a real screamer in the beginning. I don't think she wanted to leave Heaven. All of the nurses commented on what a diva she was. She wouldn't eat and she wouldn't sleep so the first 18 hours were pretty rough but once she started to eat things were fine. By the time we were leaving the nurse told me she's never seen such a good baby, and that's not what they were saying at first!! We love this little girl and we feel so blessed to have her as a part of our family.







7 comments:

Susan said...

What a darling little girl! I love that dark hair- just like yours! I'm so happy for you that you were able to do it without an epidural - way to go! Congratulations on your sweet baby :)

Lindsey Smith said...

Oh my goodness. She is so cute! The labor sounds intense! Love you.

whiteclef said...

Look at that brunette hair!! What a sweet little thang. I loved your whole story. I give you mad props for doing it all Natural. Not sure I am brave enough. Hope life isn't too crazy with 3! Miss you guys.
-Mands Glenn ( signed in as Jordan opps)

Niki said...

It's about time you got one that is dark, so cute! Way to go with the delivery! By the way love your short hair.

Leah said...

She is so so sweet! I love her dark hair. Congratulations to you and your cute family! Hope you all are doing well.

Erica said...

Yay! She is so beautiful and she looks like you! Congrats and good luck with your three littles.

ninfa said...

Congratulations! What a beauty. I had my son naturally, too, and I remember it was INTENSE.